So I saw this post first on But First Coffee and then I read Two Thirds Hazel's list and I was very excited to do this post myself. Do you ever just have one of those off days where you aren't feeling cheery, perky or in any way shape or form happy? On days like this one, I think it is good to write posts like this one to remind me of how fortunate and wonderful life is. As my husband always says, life is too short to be mopey all of the time. So today and everyday, I need to remember reasons that make me happy :D
1. My family: I have a large family and a large heart for all of them. Family is everything to me and is a big part of who I am and how I was raised.
|Photo credit Linczak Photography|
3. My fur baby Martini, Don't you just love this wittle face?!
4. My friends: Where is a girl without her PIC's (aka partner's in crime)?
5. Lazy weekends! This means unplugged and just chillaxing with the hubs on the couch, which leads into...
6. A TV show marathon... It feels so accomplishing to finish a series!
7. A great book. I am such a bookworm, and I find myself getting lost way more in books than I ever could in a movie or a tv show. Books bring a part of my imagination to life that is rivaled by none other. Most recently, I finished the second book of the Divergent series, and I am LOVING IT!
8. Along with a great book, an epic book romance makes me happy. It gives you this overwhelming sense of love conquers all feeling that would pull anyone's heartstrings (Tris and Tobias from Divergent... OTP)!
9. A hair color refresh. Who doesn't feel happy changing their look up?
10. A hair color refresh happiness is completed with a wardrobe refresh. Love a seasonal update to my growing closet.
11. Having a steady job. Many are much less fortunate than I am in this respect. I am very grateful to always be employed (especially when I have that itch to hit up Ulta or Sephora).
12. My creative mind. It is something I don't feel like I exercise enough, but I truly love my artwork!
13. My sense of humor and surrounding myself with those who can take it and dish it back to me when I need it.
14. Children in general make me happy. I love watching them use their imaginations and see them grow and develop their own personalities. Though for right now, I like being able to look but not have to take them home with me lol.
15. Traveling and taking frequent vacations. Everyone needs a little r&r sometimes, especially my husband and I. We try to take at least one vacation a year, and I fear if we didn't, we would go crazy!
16. The holiday season. Basically Halloween through Christmas (sometimes New Years).
17. Figuring out something or solving problems by myself. It feels so rewarding!
18. Being able to physically cross off a checklist. I need the visual satisfaction!
19. Beautiful artwork such as these!
20. New technology. Nothing more satisfying then getting a new phone, computer, etc when you need the upgrade.
21. Redecorating the house. It's not done very often, but I like redecorating our house and showcasing our personalities to our family and friends.
22. Social media and blog comments. I love interacting with my followers and fans of MyFairDaily through social media and blog comments.
23. Flowers! I just perk up seeing a vase of flowers in my house or office, and it's a bonus when a certain significant other gets them for me too ;-)
24. A compliment from a stranger. I am always taken a back by a compliment but it really does wonders in boosting my confidence throughout the day.
25. Making my family proud. Family is so important to me, and not much makes me happier than making them proud (and nothing devastates me more than disappointing them).
26. Chipotle, nuf said (borrowed that line from the hubs)!
27. A song I can't stop singing or get out oh my head. I don't find it annoying, I find it fun (or in my present case, this soundtrack)!
28. Accomplishing goals. My husband and I have a long list of goals we have for future projects as well as our marriage and it feels great to be able to check things off of our list. It may be small, but we made one of the first big purchases right after the wedding and invested in a nice leather sectional that totally transformed the living room!
29. Looking towards the future. I may have secret pinterest boards full of baby ideas tucked away, oh and you know redoing our house and traveling plans too lol...
30. Shopping trips. This is probably the most superficial one, but I can't lie, shopping trips are always something I look forward to and they make me happy in the end, like I completed a conquest!
31. Getting asked advice about beauty and makeup. It again is a huge confidence boost for me and makes me feel like I am accomplishing something with my blogging journey.
32. And finally, the ability to be happy and grateful for all that I have in my life. There are others much less fortunate than I am.
I have so many more things that make me happy, but I think this is a pretty hefty list for you guys to sort through right now. I encourage you to also do this exercise, blogger or not, to reflect on the things, people, places, etc that make you happy. It is always important to try and focus on the positives rather than let any negativity drag us down. If you guys want to do this blog post as well, make sure you grab this button below and link back to the originators of the post :D
Two Thirds Hazel
Also check out But First Coffee and Venus Trapped in Mars who also did this post :D
Thanks for checking out my MyFairDaily and I hope you guys have a wonderful night!