The moment you find out you are pregnant, you start making several changes to your lifestyle. From cutting down on caffeine to the consumption of prenatal vitamins, you do everything to make your body a hospitable environment for the baby growing inside of you. On the contrary, how often do you check the ingredient list in the deodorants or face washes you use. Studies have shown most of the deodorants in the market are unsafe for the fetus due to controversial ingredients found in them. In this article, we will help you understand and guide you to choose the best beauty care products during pregnancy.
Skin Issues During Pregnancy
Hormonal transformation happens during pregnancy. Every woman goes through some of the other skin problems during their pregnancy period. Acne, pimples are common these days.
- Mostly for sensitive skin users, it is seen there is oil excretion. This may result in dry flakes in your skin cells. You can surely visit your physician and take care of your skin health. Most doctors suggest no hard medication during this period.
- Pigmentation is another issue, which is faced during this time. The substantial hormonal misbalance may affect the armpit and knee skin area folded. Melanin production also increases by this time.
- Stretch marks are ubiquitous, which every woman experiences during their pregnancy. Women also feel extra itchiness and moisture loss again.
Tips of Skin Care
Apart from going to the doctor, you can also take care of your skin once you got the news of your pregnancy.
- Go for the face washes for pregnancy acne and pimples, mild.
- Invest in the moisturizers and use it regularly. If required, you should apply these hydrating solutions on your stretch mark. This can reduce the redness or itchiness of the skin.
- Touch up your skin before going out for work with an SPF 30 sunscreen. The harsh effect of UVA/ UVB will not affect your skin if you use it before being exposed to sunlight.
- Do not wax your body hair. Firstly, it is painful during this time. You can use hair removal creams for this purpose. Make sure to apply it on the elbow to check if any irritation occurs.
- Skincare products that you want to purchase should not contain retinoids. According to many doctors, retinoids are harmful to your child.
- Use Vitamin C serums on your body. This acts as antioxidants and can help in retaining the brightness of your skin for an extended period.
Why Isn’t Regular Deodorant Safe for Normal Women?
Ordinary deodorants are more or less safe for regular use, but for pregnant women, it’s a different scenario altogether. Most commercial deodorants contain harmful chemicals, which gets absorbed into the skin through pores and wound openings. These toxic chemicals can lead to hormonal imbalance and pregnancy complications in women.
Tips for Using Deodorant During Pregnancy
Maintaining good personal hygiene is essential, but harmful chemicals are not worth the risk.
Do not go for products that contain aluminum, paraben, triclosan, etc. They tend to clog the skin pores. Even fragrance and phthalates should be avoided during this time.
Restrict the number of sprays of your perfumes. In this context, it is also essential to know to try a new brand of deodorants or aspirants is strictly not recommended.
Invest in mild and odor-free perfumes and safe deodorants for pregnancy. Natural ingredients like a flower or fruit-based products are fantastic at this time.
Kindly go for a check-up if you notice any skin rash or irritation after applying the perfume or deodorant.